Friday, June 1, 2007

The Beginning, 05/25/07 - 05/27/07

My boyfriend I discussed adopting a guinea pig last week. The next day, I set out to find a local shelter that carried and cared for the critters were were seeking. While browsing through Petfinder, I stumbled across two of the most handsome boys I've ever seen. Despite still feeling the ache that the death of our beloved Noah brought in April, the house just wasn't the same without a piggy presence. When I saw these two, it felt as though they were supposed to be with me.

I filled out the application, and received notice that same day that I was approved! We were happy to hear this, of course, so you can imagine our surprise when we were bringing them home Sunday afternoon. They were called Snowball and Sooty -- very generic names for guinea pigs. This wouldn't do. These boys were unique, fun, inquisitive, and their names should reflect that somehow. They were renamed Phineas Q. Butterfat and Robert O. Goren.

Because the process went so quickly, the Bear (my boyfriend) and I couldn't get everything we wanted to on time -- a lovely C&C cage, Oxbow products, etc. They had the basics though -- two water bottles filled with fresh water, pellets, and fresh veggies. I made it my business to schedule an appointment with a local vet on a day off, and socialized with our new family members.

So one chapter has ended and a new one has begun. It's the beginning of our new life together, our little adventures. I can't wait to see what happens.

No comments: