Monday, June 18, 2007

Tales Of Bath Time

Fewer things in this world are cuter than a wet guinea pig, not to mention fussier. Though I have to admit, I am so proud of Bobby. For his first bath, he behaved much better than I expected. In fact, it was his adopted uncle that gave me trouble.

Of course, Bobby initially had a moment or two where he wanted to leap out of the bathroom sink. Fortunately, he's too small and could barely reach the area around the sink. He was doomed to clean, bubbly goodness. Here's a photo of him, growing used to his bubble bath. There were moments he had fun with the bubbles, which was cute to see. In case you're wondering, I used Pet Scentsations Small Animal Shampoo in Sun Ripened Raspberry. I love how this brand comes in several different aromatherapy scents, and is cruelty-free.

If I knew earlier that Pet Scentsations offered Honey Oatmeal, Tea Tree, or even Spearmint & Eucalyptus, I would've purchased it earlier for Phineas instead of using Aveeno as my vet suggested. I'm glad I know for next time though.

I carefully bathed Phin using Aveeno Oatmeal Soap, and then ran a warm colloidal oatmeal soak for him to sit in while I gave him a massage. The massage relaxed him until it was time to rinse him off again; then all hell broke loose.
To make a long story short, I had to rinse him off while holding him. My t-shirt was soaked through, as was some of my hair. I guess he figured if he had to get bathed that I was going down with him. Silly pig. Here's a photo of him a bit drier and much happier.

So despite pig protests and lots of splashing, the boys are both clean, and they won't have to worry about bath time for a while. For more photos, check out the First Bath photo album on Flickr.

No comments: